My wyrd thus woven by the Norns....
🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️Urðr: that which has happened🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️
My early life was a sometimes confusing juxtaposition of dead ancestors talking to me about plants and medicines while family members pushed me to pursue academia and job security. As an enrolled citizen of the Cherokee Nation with other ancestors arriving here from England, Scotland, Germany and Scandinavia, I was surrounded by the cacophony of the dead while trying to manage being a good girl for the living.
For many years, I walked the tightrope between mystic and nurse. I worked in medical environments and then went home to read, practice and study with elders in witchcraft. I acquired multiple graduate degrees and worked as an ER and psych nurse for nearly 20 years. I became a certified Hypnotherapist and Clinical Herbalist. I lived in the US, Russia and Europe. I raised 2 humans and 5 furbabies.
In 2018, I co-founded Calyx Wellness Studio--an integrative wellness space for multi-modality practitioners. At the same time, I realized it was time to answer the call of my ancestors and publicly begin sharing what I know of the Northern Tradition. After 15 years as an outward facing medical health professional and an inward facing mystic witch, I stopped passing pills and started teaching ancestral folk magic.
🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️Verðandi: that which is becoming🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️
I have spent the last few years as a full-time employed Northern Tradition witch sustained through a combination of teaching, community facilitation, private mentoring and spiritual counseling services. However, this intense work doesn’t come from a book. It is an experiential tradition that requires interaction and co-creation.
- I openly honor and follow the ways of the Völva, the Spákona, the Trollkvinna and the Häxa as my own wyrd.
- I wild steward 2 acres of land in the Texas hills inhabited by many spirits including the Tonkawa and Lipan Apache.
- I converse equally with humans, spirits, runes, animals and plants.
- I crochet and read books (made of paper and bound with glue) compulsively until my hands ache.
- I grow medicine with the blessings of the disir and brew elixirs in my kitchen.
- I perform rituals to the ancestors and spirits of the land.
- I mark time in both solar and lunar increments.
- I dream about destruction, creation, wild-ness, ritual and ancestral stories that must be told.
- I drink one coffee, write one thing intuitively and sing to the spirits daily.
🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️Skuld--that which is debted🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️
Just as every therapist has a therapist and every nurse has a mentor, every völva should have an elder (or many, if you are as fortunate as I have been!). As my work continues to evolve and develop, I must honor what has been shared with me by my teachers, ancestors, guides and elders in this and other realms. In deepest gratitude to the wisdom of these earthbound elders: Shelley Imholte, Heather Davies, Imelda Almqvist, Tina Zion, Johannes Björn Gärdbåck, Paul Zelizer, Ingrid Kincaid, Freyia Norling, Harold Roth, Jude Lally, Cedar Stevens, Francis Weller, Raven Kaldera and others.
And so, the web continues to weave..... 🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️ 🕸️🕸️